Aspect ratio explained:
The "aspect ratio" of a video refers to whether the video is horizontally long and vertically short (landscape mode, also referred to as 16:9), vertically long and horizontally short (portrait mode, also referred to as 9:16), or square (a 1:1 aspect ratio).
When to use it:
Different platforms work better with different aspect ratios. A square video is recommended if you will be sharing your video on mobile or on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or LinkedIn. A vertical video is best for IGTV, Instagram Stories and Facebook Stories. A horizontal video is best for emails and Youtube.
How to do it?
1. Navigate to Style Your Video screen for your video.
2. Choose the aspect ratio that matches your needs.
3. Use "Crop" to avoid the "blurred sides" created from the resizing option.
4. Resize the crop and center your video so that the crop works with your background and position. Then, click "Crop".
5. Click "Next" to continue styling your video:
note: If you are done styling your video, click on the "next' button at the top right of the screen. When you reach the final step, it will turn into a "make video" button that will finalize the process. The app will send you a notification and an email when the video is ready.