Changing the aspect ratio is easy in the BIGVU app.
Aspect ratio explained:
The "aspect ratio" of a video refers to whether the video is horizontally long and vertically short (landscape mode, also referred to as 16:9), vertically long and horizontally short (portrait mode, also referred to as 9:16), or square (a 1:1 aspect ratio).
When to use it:
Different platforms work better with different aspect ratios. A square video is recommended if you will be sharing your video on mobile or on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or LinkedIn. A vertical video is best for IGTV, Instagram Stories and Facebook Stories. A horizontal video is best for emails and Youtubes.
How to crop?
1. First, navigate to Style Your Video screen for your video.
2. From here you have two options:
- Change the aspect ratio (For more information follow this article)
- Crop the video to resize it to a different aspect ratio
3. Select your new aspect ratio
4. Click "Crop"
5. Resize the crop and center your video so that the crop works with your background and position then click "Crop"
6. Click "Next" to continue styling your video.
- If you are done styling your video, click the furthest right panel, and click "Make Video". The app will send you a notification and an email when the video is ready.