Editing Captions in Desk
- Open the Composer - From the desk, open your story once again, select a take and click on the 3 dots and select “Open in Composer”
- A window will pop up asking if you want to automatically add captions (you can select the language of the captions). Select “Yes”.
- The video will open in the composer and will be segmented automatically. Here you can change the segmentation and edit the captions.
- To change the segmentation, click on the scissors.
- A window will pop up and there you can choose where the segment begins and where it ends.
Segment your video according to sentences or ideas. The captions should correspond to the video segment.
If you have decided to shorten a segment move the captions that do not correspond to the segment to the next one so that they are not lost and trim the next segment accordingly.
The end of the Segment is previewed after you pick the position of the marker. Use the preview to make sure you are ending the Segment in the desired location. You can also preview the selected segment by clicking the play button on that segment.
- Once you have finished trimming click on the “Apply” button.
- Once you have finished trimming, you can apply a theme to the captions. Select the text templates and position. In the paintbrush tab.
After applying the trim the following segments will adjust accordingly automatically.
For consistency start from the beginning (Farthest left) and work from there to the end.
You can choose one theme for the entire video (click on the “Apply theme to all scenes”) or select a different theme for each segment.
If you wish to highlight a specific part of the caption, insert a star (*) or slash (/) in the beginning and end of the part you wish to highlight. (The color of the text will change according to the templet that was chosen)